…and yet so far.

I’ve been working on the farmers’ mitts this week, and was hoping to have them done in time to give them out tomorrow.

I made a purple pair with cables:

And another with ribs:

A rose pair with checks:

And an orange pair with seed stitch palm grips:

I kept making mistakes on the orange pair, and had to rip back 3 or 4 times in the second mitt to make a matching pair. So, I was super-careful to make both mitts the same when I made the last pair of rosy ones, with smocked hexagons:

And I did manage to make them exactly. the. same.

Too bad human hands aren’t exactly the same. That whole mirror image thing can really get you sometimes…

I thought I had only to knit a thumb, weave in ends and call it done, but instead I’m off to knit another mitt in rose with smocking, so that there will actually be a pair rather than two identical singles.

Fortunately, it’s supposed to be warm tomorrow, so I don’t think the farmer will miss her mitts too much if it takes another week to deliver them.